[bksvol-discuss] Re: Moving page numbers

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 21:25:08 -0400

Yes, there should be a space at the top of the page. It shouldn't be necessary to move the page numbers to the top of the page because the conversion tools are supposed to take care of that, but I am not really sure just how smart those conversion tools are. In some books the page numbers are at the bottom of some pages and at the top of other pages. For example, there may be page numbers at the tops of all pages except the beginnings of chapters where they appear at the bottom. In cases like that I just move them to the top to be sure. The final product is supposed to look like this. Page break, blank line, page number, blank line, text of page, blank line, page break.

On 10/28/2012 7:06 PM, Dornetta wrote:
Blank
Hey guys;
In this book I am proofing, the page numbers are at the bottom of the page and are in order, what are the reasons for moving page numbers? Also, text begins at the top of the page--the very top. So, it goes as follows:
 page break
text
space
space
page number
space With text beginning at the top of the page, should I place a space at the top before the text?
Thanks,
Netta
page break