[bksvol-discuss] Re: Motivated volunteer LOL

  • From: "Valerie Maples" <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 21:26:15 -0500

Thanks, Cindy! I couldn't figure out how to search the being scanned list,
but it is probably just because I am tired and running behind. I really
appreciate all everyone does on this list!

Take care!

Valerie

Please pray for Doug's Dad & visit his website:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/billkoonce

From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Motivated volunteer LOL
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, August 1, 2009, 4:09 PM

Okay, I'm sure many of you know, this is addicting! :-) I am finally finding
a modicum of comfort in that I might have a little bit of competency in a
small area, and I am eager to proof read another book. I would love to do
another Cherry Ames; are there any in the process of being scanned? I know I
while back there were a couple people who were interested in scanning and I
would gladly proof is many of those as possible. They were a childhood
favorite of mine, and reading/proofing one only reinforce that love. I
rarely get a chance to read with the lack of help in our home, so this was a
wonderful departure from my caregiving responsibilities.

I will take another book in the meantime from the list of books available
for checkout, but it would be really wonderful if it was a book that I would
enjoy while I am having the opportunity to add it to the collection. Yeah, I
know, Cherry Ames is for teenage girls, but it's kind of nice to have such a
blissful departure from my ordinary life. :-) Besides, then Nichole can read
it after me when it comes out.