[bksvol-discuss] Re: More fun with footnotes! (LONG)

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 10:56:44 -0400

Let me suggest that if you are not completely aware of all the functions of JAWS then the JAWS support list is likely to help you. There is a link for it on the Freedom Scientific site. I did subscribe to it for a while and did learn a few things, but I unsubscribed in favor of the Blind Tech list. I just cannot subscribe to too many high traffic lists. That is why I am replying to some older emails right now. I fell a bit behind on my email.

On 7/18/2012 12:32 PM, Dornetta wrote:
Hey Debbie,
OK, I am smiling after I have read your message and the reason why is that
after I sent the message, I was kicking myself hoping that no one would take
offense to the comment. Please excuse me because I now know that I came off
a bit too much or "forceful" at best. No, that is not what I meant at
all...it was just me venting and my thoughts. I am one person who is very
appreciative of all the work that volunteers put in making the world of
reading successful, which is the biggest reason why I wanted to give back by
volunteering.
Yes, I use a screen reader-Jaws and no, I am not familiar with many of its
functions. I am "afraid" of messing up anything. Please forgive me if I came
off too strong. I am attempting to bridge the gap between non-sighted and
others with disabilities and the sighted at my school through a disabilities
awareness fair...being proactive instead of passive and nonactive. It was
not my
intention to put you out or your efforts well any volunteer for that matter,
as I said it was just a thought...what my teenagers call random is all.
Would you please forgive? And email me at:
dornetta@xxxxxxxxx
I would like to hear about the suggestion you made about turning off some of
the attributes in JAWS, etc...
Netta