[bksvol-discuss] Re: More frustration about missing spaces

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2011 07:22:21 -0700

Hi, Sue, I don't know if you're running Jaws or not but I'd use
ResearchIt to be sure if the two words you want to delete are legitimate
compound words. If they are, I'd leave them alone, if not, I'd say use
you're best judgment. I remember proofreading Jack of Kinrowan by
Charles de Lint and I saw instances of words being run together. I don't
remember what I did, probably separated them because I was unsure if the
text was deliberately like that; so if you don't know or aren't sure,
I'd opt for readability myself, or put dashes in if the words are
supposed to appear run together. Heck, your guess may be as good or
better than mine. Regards, Kim.