[bksvol-discuss] Re: More discussion list information!

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 20:43:09 -0400

On 6/6/2012 8:24 PM, Chela Robles wrote:
Well for info you can go to freelists.org and do a search for Chela's Gen Chat List. alternatively you can give me your email address so I can add you if you wish to be added to the general list we discuss anything just keep in mind no debates political or otherwise I'll have to make you walk the plank.

--
"Passion is a great motivator. Music is a life-long learning experience."
--

On 6/6/2012 4:24 PM, Madeleine Linares wrote:
Hi,

I copied and pasted these descriptions directly from the Freelists site:

Bksvols-discuss: Bookshare.org's volunteer community uses this mailing list to discuss their efforts to grow the collection of accessible books. Members may use this list to help one another with technical issues, to make scanning and submission suggestions, and to get to know one another better.

Bookshare-discuss: This is the place to discuss your use and questions concerning Bookshare.org, a project of the Benetech Initiative. Benetech builds Technology for Humanity. Bookshare.org enables those with print-related disabilities to legally share copyrighted text in alternative electronic formats as prescribed in the Chaffee Amendment to U.S. Copyright Law. The list is open to members, subscribers and others interested in learning about or sharing their experiences.

As you can see from these explanations, they don't suggest that either list is for "off-topic" chitchat. My apologies for not including the Bookshare-dicsuss explanation in the previous email! I can subscribe anyone interested, but I will mention that I'm subscribed to both and the bksvols-discuss list seems to be much more active for whatever reason.

Best,

Madeleine Linares
Volunteer Coordinator
Bookshare, a Benetech Initiative