[bksvol-discuss] Re: More Questions on Proofing

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 04:44:07 -0700 (PDT)

Chris, please tell your wife that in my opinion, it is best to draw zones
around the text you want Omnipage to process instead of letting the program
decide for itself. You get a much, much cleaner scan that way because as you
have discovered, Omnipage thinks borders might be a number 1, a letter l or the
letter I or some other thing.

  And you can draw exclude zones too so it won't try to process graphics that
you don't want it to do. Yes it takes longer to do this manually but as you've
discovered, it takes time to go through and clean up the mess too.

  In using Omnipage for a long time now, I've found this the best way to use
Omnipage.

Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading - A Killer Stitch by Maggie Sefton
  I'm an eBay affiliate, click here before you bid!
Click here for eBay! (what is this? When you click this link, eBay pays me a
small percentage of your WINNING bid. There is no additional cost to you.)