[bksvol-discuss] Re: More Formatting Tangles

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 13:55:56 -0500

MessageDear Julie, Shannon and Computer Helpers,

My apologies,. Jaws gave  me tunnel vision. After examining the scan to learn
the extent of my line length problem, I discovered that it only exists on a few
lines, maybe the top third page of page 44. I can only see print when it is
right on my face, so I don't even attempt to read the computer screen unless it
is an emergency which may happen every several weeks, so my eyes didn't notice
that in a few paragraphs the lines resumed their standard length. .

When I noticed the shorter lines, I assumed the format had changed for the rest
of the book, but was completely wrong.

A Celtic Christmas is a fabulous scan. I've already begged Julie to consider
letting me validate books she's scanned in the future. It doesn't take much for
me to get hung up in word processing. I'd probably let many things slide if I
didn't feel accountable to future readers.

Shannon, I'll make a trial page and experiment with the suggestions you made.
They may help my few short lines or not but I'll definitely learn something new.

What I'm thinking is that since the text is perfect, and nothing is missing, a
few lines shorter than the rest shouldn't disturb readers much. They might not
even notice.

So, on I go, just sorry I didn't look ahead in the first place and lost some
time in completing this charming book.

Thank you.

Always With Love,

Lissi