[bksvol-discuss] Re: More Awards for Bookshare?

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Marissa Mika <Marissa.M@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 06:13:58 -0500 (EST)

Marissa

You raise a good point as to the cost of procuring new hard-covers.  Here
are a couple of thoughts:

(1)  Could BookShare seek to establishsome sort of relationship with a
major bookseller such as Borders, Barnes and Noble, et al which, in turn,
for supplying copies of specific books would receive credit for those
specific titles both on the BookShare website and within those books
themselves?

(2)  What about focusing, rather on new hard covers, concentrating on the
paperbacks when released.  This would reduce purchasing costs.

For readers of this thread, we're just talking about what is done in-house
in Palo Alto and would, in no way, impact what happens out in the field.

And a third idea just came to me:

(3)  Perhaps specific publishers might wish to establish working
relationships with BookShare supplying books in exchange for promotional
consideration on the web site and within specific books themselves.