[bksvol-discuss] Re: Monetary Matters

  • From: "Lori Castner" <loralee.castner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 09:51:00 -0700

Lissi,

Yours are good and thoughtful comments.  I am validating my first book and
am surprised at the amount of time it takes!  I want to hurry and get it
done so that I can get another book.  I have to keep reminding myself that I
can do only one thing at a time and I want the book to be a pleasure for a bookshare member to read.

All of the monetary issues seem a bit
arbitrary.  I know the credits are important to many volunteers, and I don't
want to minimize their significance, but the reality is that no volunteer is
ever compensated appropriately or adequately for a job well done! Also, it is my understanding that many of our very fine volunteers are not subscribers, so they receive no compensation for their scans or validations; they do some of the finest work and their dedication canot be surpassed. And even when volunteers discuss the monetary compensation/credits received for scans or validations, I believe that they truly scan and validate from their hearts!

Now, back to being a new volunteer and getting that first book validated!

Lori Castner

----- Original Message ----- From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>