[bksvol-discuss] Re: Modify Search Boxyikes on the new search

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 08:56:04 -0500

Hi all,

Original message:
Thank you.  The problem is I have searched this page from top to bottom and
cannot find any {"modify search" area.

Lori, are you looking on the original search page or on the results page. The 'modify' box only shows up on the results page. So, once you do a search, and it comes up with 19,000 results, it will show the 'modify' box there, not on the original search page. <smiling> You have to stop and think about how a computer thinks. It's going to say, "I have 19,000 results for you. That may be too many, so I'm going to show you a 'modify' box.)

This is computer logic. It isn't necessarily how you'd do a search if you were doing it, you'd want to narrow things first, but the computer only narrows things if it has something concrete to narrow down. Computers, doncha love 'em?

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring