[bksvol-discuss] Re: Missing story titles

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 18:46:53 -0400

Dear Bob, and Booksharian Friends,

We sympathize.

Ingathering was scanned and proofread by one of Bookshare's out sourcers,
Daproim Africa ,

Evan and I are reading Dick Francis's first Sid Halley novel, Odds Against
which was processed by the same group and it's missing all of the chapter
headings, has a very few scannoes and is missing paragraph breaks where the
lines of dialogue are short. Goes to show that we volunteers, working for free,
when we take care, can produce better quality books than companies being paid.
It also goes to show that protecting chapter heads with our tried and true
formula,

blank line
page number
blank line
chapter name
blank line
text,

still works most reliably. Maybe they should try our method.

Always with love,

Lissi