[bksvol-discuss] Re: Missing story titles

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 22:30:31 -0500

Oh, I like this idea, G. Cindy - until the stripper gets modified maybe we really should use some creative repetitive phrases to protect chapter titles.

Maybe we can call them martyr phrases or something similar. After all, they are text lines that selflessly give their lives to the Evil Stripper, all for the greater good.

Yes, my tongue is firmly planted in my cheek but I kinda like the idea of calling 'em martyr lines!

Judy s

Grandma Cindy wrote:
E's note made me laugh. Do we really need a hard and fast rule? What we need
is a modification of the stripper so we don't have to protect chapter titles,
etc. But in the meantime, we can put anything we like on the line above
them--except obscenities, of course--flowers, asterisks, the word love,
dollar signs. Let's be creative. grin

G.Cindy

From: Bob <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Missing
story titles To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Date: Saturday, May 17, 2008,
12:09 PM Thanks E.

I'll second that, or sign the petition, or burn my draft card (if I can
find it).

This is ridiculous. An update to the volunteer manual concerning this issue
would be nice but seems to be asking too much. So, how about giving us a hard and fast rule we can follow so that books we scan and validate don't get mangled on their way in to the collection.

Bob ----- Original Message ----- From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> To:
<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2008 1:56 PM Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Missing story titles

This is a direct appeal to staff for an official
ruling!!!
I have been on this list since the beginning of 2003.
For the entire time
there has been a discussion of how to protect chapter
titles and story
titles from being stripped.

It is now 2008.

Staff please once and for all give guidance on this.

Surely there is one way and only one way to make sure
chapter headings and
story titles are retained!

All this guessing is ridiculous since staff has known
about this issue
since at least January of 2003.

E.

in the
subject line.  To get a list
of available commands, put the word 'help' by
itself in the subject line.

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG. Version:
7.5.524 / Virus Database:
269.23.16/1445 -
Release Date: 5/15/2008 7:25 PM