[bksvol-discuss] Re: Missing last character bug

  • From: Stephen Baum <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 09:47:29 -0400

Hi Grace.

I'm not aware of any problem like this in K1000, but its not impossible. Since I can't duplicate it with any RTF file I have, perhaps you should send me a few pages. Do so to my email address:

steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'll take a look here, and get back to you.

Stephen

At 07:26 PM 7/27/2004, you wrote:
Dear List:
Several weeks ago I posted a message stating that the last character on every page was being cut off during the conversion from ark to rtf. My solution at the time was to launch it into word or WordPad and then save it into rtf. Well, that works. But I just did some further testing, and it seems that it's a k1000 bug not Openbook. I had been converting from ark to rtf, closing openbook and opening this same file in K1000 for editing. The characters were cut off. But today, after hearing from a submitter that in his original rtf file there were no missing characters, it occurred to me that it could be a K1000 issue. Thus I opened the original file in word first and there were no missing characters. Then I opened this same file in K1000 and the characters were cut off. I don't know what the solution for this is. I tried saving as word doc and then saving back to rtf, and opening again in K1000, but the same thing happened. I am thinking of sending these files to K1000 to see if they can figure out a solution. Has anyone experienced this before? And if so, is there a work around? I am wondering if there's something wrong with my k1000 program.
*****
Grace who is very frustrated.