[bksvol-discuss] Re: Missing last character bug

  • From: "Gary Petraccaro" <garyp130@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 00:41:52 -0400

Did you specify a version of K1000?

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Silvara
  To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 7:26 PM
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Missing last character bug

  Dear List:
  Several weeks ago I posted a message stating that the last character on every
page was being cut off during the conversion from ark to rtf.  My solution at
the time was to launch it into word or WordPad and then save it into rtf.
Well, that works.  But I just did some further testing, and it seems that it's
a k1000 bug not Openbook. I had been converting from ark to rtf, closing
openbook and opening this same file in K1000 for editing.  The characters were
cut off.  But today, after hearing from a submitter that in his original rtf
file there were no missing characters, it occurred to me that it could be a
K1000 issue. Thus I opened the original file in word first and there were no
missing characters. Then I opened this same file in K1000 and the characters
were cut off. I don't know what the solution for this is. I tried saving as
word doc and then saving back to rtf, and opening again in K1000, but the same
thing happened. I am thinking of sending these files to K1000 to see if they
can figure out a solution. Has anyone experienced this before? And if so, is
there a work around? I am wondering if there's something wrong with my k1000
program.
  *****
  Grace who is very frustrated.