[bksvol-discuss] Re: Missing chapter headings

  • From: Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 20:07:09 -0700

Hi Mary,

How about if the page numbers are at the bottom should we put the chapter heading at the top of the page with no blank line between chapter and text? Would that awful stripper leave it there then?Just a thought.

Bud
At 07:35 PM 3/27/2009, you wrote:
So, Mayrie...

If the page numbers are at the bottom of the page and I *don't* move
them to the top of the page (I almost always do), then the first line
after the blank line is deleted?  I did not know that.

Bummed Out,
Marilyn

On Mar 27, 2009, at 9:45 PM, <mailto:mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Everybody!

I downloaded three books from the bookshare collection last night,
one of them a very new addition to the collection, and none of them had any
chapter headings.

In case anyone doesn't know how to make sure that chapter headings
won't be stripped from your books by the terrific (serious sarcasm)
stripper, here is the page formatting that works.

Page break
Blank line
Page number
Blank line
Chapter heading
Blank line
Text on the page
Blank line

I would like to stress that if there isn't a page number above the
chapter heading, the chapter headings will very likely not appear in the
final copy of the book that bookshare patrons download from the collection.

I know I'm probably preaching to the choir here, but just in case
anyone doesn't know about this issue, I thought I'd mention it.

Thanks for hearing me out.

Mayrie

<mailto:bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Marilyn