[bksvol-discuss] Missing capitals at the beginning of sentences

  • From: "Lori" <lori@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 16:03:39 -0500

Hi all,

I'm proofing a book that periodically has sections of text that the capital letters are missing at the beginning of sentences and proper names. The letter is there, just the wrong case. So, I can catch the proper names with spell-check or search and replace making sure to check case. I am wondering about the best way to handle the first letter of sentences.

I was thinking that I could perform a find and replace using a punctuation mark space and then each letter of the alphabet with care to make sure the check case option is checked. I know I'll have to do all ending punctuation as well as the punctuation and then a closing quote. Spell-check seems to be catching the instances like i'm or i'll where i is not capitalized.

Any other ideas?

Lori