[bksvol-discuss] Re: Missing Page Numbers

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 06:12:36 -0700

Hi Nancy,

So, what you're saying is that pages are not left unnumbered, but that in
the consecutive numbering, with no pages left unnumbered, the numbers are as
you describe, 1, 2, 4, etc?  If so, I'd look up the ISBN on Amazon or Barnes
and Noble.  In the product details for the book will be a statement of the
number of pages in the book.  I have found that the number of pages listed
includes all front and back matter.  So, a book with 250 numbered pages, and
6 unnumbered preliminary pages would be listed as a book having 256 pages.
If your page count is accurate after you renumber pages without skipping
numbers, I think you're good to go.

Here's another possibility.  In your example of pages 1 2  4, pages 2 and 3
could have been perceived by the OCR as only one page.  Is there more text
on page 2 than on page 1 or four?  If so, this may be your problem?  Again,
check Amazon or Barnes and noble and see what they think.  And maybe contact
the submitter of the book so that maybe he/she can help?

Just some random thoughts that I'm hoping might help, but am afraid might be
not well-written due to my still unfilled need for coffee.

Mayrie