[bksvol-discuss] Re: Minor Problem with MSWord 2003 and JAWS 13

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 01:03:52 -0700

Hi Ali,

Here are instructions to make JAWS announce page breaks in Word.  This has
been something that needs to be added to the JAWS dictionary since JAWS 10
or so.

To Make JAWS say "Page Break" in Word, you need to add the entry "page
break" to your dictionary  If you use word, do the following
1.  open your document in word (any document will do for this).
2.  do insert-d to open the dictionary manager.

3.  There should already be a jaws word dictionary but jaws will ask to
create the file if not.
4.  space on the "add" button.
5.  in the "actual word" field,type the backslash symbol and then 012
unspaced from each other.
6.  in the "what you want jaws to say" field, type "page break"
7.  save with control-s and check in your document to see if page breaks are
announced now.

Hope that helps.

Mayrie