[bksvol-discuss] Re: Microsoft office help

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 12:21:34 -0700

Valerie:

a) So long as u don't get overconfident w/registry editing, you're fine.
b) Understand something--those of us who are both blind & information
technology professionals seldom confine ourselves to just supporting
blind people's computers, else we'd starve & the majority of us like
to eat lol. Therefore, all issues are fair game, including mouse,
display, colors, graphics, etc. So, I was not offended (smiled,
actually) but those of us blind folks who do get our hands dirty in
the guts & nuts & bolts of the computer have got to know this stuff, &
that probably better than our sighted colleagues. The bottom line is
you're probably better off asking the blind I T technician lol. Glad
it helped, & wish u had asked 2 days ago as well. It's *so*
frustrating when stuff like that happens.

Thanks for your work w/bookshare. Glad to have u & Doug aboard.