[bksvol-discuss] Microsoft office help

  • From: "Valerie Maples" <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 11:57:46 -0500

Okay, I am guessing this kind of advice will have to come from a sighted
helper, but I am in a quandary here. I'm not sure what happened a couple of
days ago, but I have tried every remediation I can from rebooting to disk
management, and it's nothing like that, so it must be something I toggled
within Microsoft Office accidentally. Anyway, my mouse no longer will place
the cursor within a Microsoft Word document. It does not affect Outlook or
any of my other applications, just Microsoft Word and the wheel scroll still
functions for viewing, but not placement within Word. It is driving me crazy
in navigating because I have to use the cursor or page up/down to go where I
want to be. When I am proofreading I hate to invoke Dragon NaturallySpeaking
for navigation because it bloats the files. What sort of combination could
change something like this? I wanted to do a lot of proofing on Sunday, and
this is making it difficult. I also wanted to upload a couple of books and I
am all but crawling as I work. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Take care!

Valerie

Please pray for Doug's Dad & visit his website:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/billkoonce