[bksvol-discuss] Microsoft Word and rtf question

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 08:57:35 -0500

Hi all,

I've noticed that when I download rtf files to proof, or even Cindy's books being scanned list, that at soon as I make some minor changes and save the files my new rtf files are usually anywhere from one half to about one third the size of the originals.

I'm curious if anyone would know why. I'm using Word 2000. Is it typical Microsoft bloat, that later versions of Word create bigger files? Or do I have some kind of setting in Word that compresses files more? Or is it just gremlins?

It's not a problem, just a curiosity question. smile.

Judy s.