[bksvol-discuss] Re: Microsoft Word 2010

  • From: Melissa Smith <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 07:12:35 -0500

My parents have Office 2007. I use it from time to time on their computer, or to get them out of a bind. smile From what I know, the ribbon is always there unless you get a plug-in to change it back to the original menus. There are no options within Word to change back to the menu. However, if you use keyboard shortcuts, those are all still there. The ribbons aren't really that difficult to manage either. They've moved somethings around, which confuses you until you learn where they are. Also, when using Office 2007 or 2010, the application key is your friend. Often many of the things you will want to do are there in the context menu that pops up when you press the application key.

Melissa Smith

On 4/7/2011 6:51 AM, Sue Stevens wrote:
Hi Susan,
The ribbon is there, but if I choose edit rather than open, it opens and I can use all of the old familiar commands and just ignore the ribbon. I am using Jaws 12, Windows 7, on a 64-bit computer.
Sue S.