[bksvol-discuss] Re: Michael Givens

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 21:06:52 -0400

Hi all,

Looks like Michael Givens, whomever he is, has given us an unidentified URL. I am always leary of this kind of post because sometimes they can be sent by spoofers. I think Mr. Givens has been spoofed. I wouldn't recommend following this URL at all.

<sigh> That's how come people should always, always, always, include a paragraph with any URL or file that they send to both identify you as having sent the thing and identifying the web site or file as yours, what it is, and why you have sent it. Spoofers can't do that.

It only takes two seconds to write a couple of sentences. Here are two examples.

1.  This is the link to my blog.  Check out the latest entry.

2. Here is the picture I promised to send you of Aunt Florence doing the Tarantella. She's quite something for ninety, isn't she?

Ann P.