[bksvol-discuss] Messy house

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 17:51:29 -0700 (PDT)

I have no books to suggest--just want to tell you that you are not alone. My
father and my husband never throw anything away, and I'm afraid I'm not too
neat either, so far better than either of them. I keep muttering "a place for
everything and everything in its place." I know where I put things and can find
them--my clothes-to-be ironed are on a couple of chairs in the living room
waiting for good tv programs to iron them by, and clothes like a couple of
sweaters and torn blouse are on the old sofa in my bedroom/office so I can  put
them on if/when I want. (The sofa was moved in there years ago when we got a
new sofa-bed for the living room--now covered with all kinds of boxes of stuff
my husband has collected--we don't do any entertaining). When my father passed
away it took months of weekend to clean out his 2-bedroom condo; I had to go
through papers one by one to be sure there was nothing important. My husband
keeps stacks of papers because he
 wants to go through them before he throws them out--and they go back years,
though they aren't all in the house--and video tapes. We have aisles through
which we walk--which is why I mutter and spend a lot of time at the computer in
my room. smile. A friend who know what our house is like has a neighbor and
friend whose house she says is the same; I think there are a lot of us.
Fortunately, unlike you, I'm not having anyone come to live with us. When my
folks were alive and came for dinner, I cleaned everything up; and when our
kids were growing up, only one room, where my husband worked, was really a
mess--but as they grew older and left for their own abodes and jobs, he
expanded.

Well, there are more important tings in my mind than keeping things neat--like
playing with my children when they were younger, and volunteering then and now,
and then relaxing and enjoying life. Though I will admit I enjoy going into
other people's homes that are uncluttered.

Good luck Monica. smile