[bksvol-discuss] Re: Message for scanners

  • From: "john.falter" <john.falter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 22:21:05 -0400

BlankHi Dornetta:
Here's a checklist from the online guide:
3.6  Scanning Checklist

 A.  The file contains the title page, with the book title and the author's
name.

 B.  The file contains the copyright page (or if not, that it is freely
distributable, e.g. public domain or
 Creative Commons licensed).

 C.  The file has no missing pages and no duplicate pages.

 D.  Missing or garbled text has been replaced with the correct sentences or
words from the original.

 E.  The file has page breaks or section breaks that correspond to the original
(1 per page).

 F.  The file is in the format:  RTF.

 G.  The entire book is submitted in one file.

You can proofread as much of your scanned book as you need to comply with the
checklist above.
You can't checkin a book you've scanned and submitted.
Another person must check your scanned book.
Here's a link to the online guidelines.
https://wiki.benetech.org/display/BSO/3.+Scan+a+book