[bksvol-discuss] Message for scanners

  • From: "Dornetta" <dornetta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 21:56:47 -0400

BlankHello my fellow scanners:
I recently started scanning and have several books I have scanned accepted into
the collection but I have a question that maybe one of you can help me with (it
is a very simple and easy question). Do any of you have a "scanning cheat
sheet" that you can send me off-list? After scanning a book, I find myself,
going through the proofing steps...all of them. I am aware that this is totally
non compliant but I am also aware that "raw-scans" are not accepted or at least
we were told not to put them up. I am wondering what is considered too much
pre-proofing after a book is scanned?
I have 2 people waiting on books from me (and have given them personal messages
concerning the books) but this issue is a great hold-up for me in getting books
on the check out cue. I have about 5 or 6+ books on the computer that needs to
be submitted but this pre-proofing step is slowing me down. I planned on taking
the month of May to do mostly scanning (with the exception of the 2 books in my
cue) but this process is slow. Please help if you can or are willing to.
send cheat sheet to: dornetta@xxxxxxxxx
Thanks kindly,
Netta A.K.A.  Stressed Out with Pre-Proofing *smile*
"Until lions tell their tale, the story of the hunt will always glorify the
hunter."-African Proverb

GIF image