[bksvol-discuss] Re: Merit Badge Books Question

  • From: "Dan Beaver" <dbeaver888@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 07:15:16 -0400

Hi James,

None of the people are getting badges for the project directly. However, the boy who is conducting the project will be getting his Eagle rank as a result. This is his Eagle project.

We do have some other boys who are participating who are considering using a similar project as their Eagle project. They might take a project of scaning a group of other meritbadge books. There are approximately 160 meritbadge books in all. this project is only processing all the Eagle rquired books and then some of the elective books. We started out planning to do all the meritbadge books but it quickly became evident that that was much too ambitious a goal. The folks doing the books in the project are taking severla hours to do each one.

Once the project is completed I plan to do some myself over the long haul. They will come in a few at a time.

As far as other books, I understand that another scout has done a project of scanning books of other types for Bookshare as his Eagle project. I am not aware of his name or anything like that though.

Does this explain it?
----- Original Message ----- From: <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>