[bksvol-discuss] Memoirs of Cleopatra

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 20:51:05 -0700 (PDT)

Ignoring my own suggestion, which didn't meet with a
whole lot of approval, and so I wouldn't have to keep
renewing, I uploaded The Memoirs of Cleopatra this
evening.

Although long--964 pages--it's an easy and interesting
read, once one gets into it. I was more emotionally
involved with Desiree (in the collection; whether
that's because of the difference in the authors'
styles or the difference between a "memoir" and a
"diary." But I did enjoy this and learned a lot, in a
"fun" way, about Cleopatra, Caesar, Marc Antony, and
the Egypt and Rome of the period between 69 and 30
BCE. Customs, clothing, battles, food, as well as
relationships and politics, are covered and make this
an interesting book.