[bksvol-discuss] Medals of Honor recipients (was Re: Re: Just Submitted: The War Against Miss Winter)

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 19:21:31 -0500

Cindy, I'm looking forward to reading that Medals of Honor recipients book eventually, too. Thank you again for taking over proofreading it, when I couldn't. smile.

Just saw a new book come into the collection on the Horse Soldiers (U.S. Unit that won over the war lords in Afghanistan). Can't wait to read that one either. One of my friends is a USMC Cobra pilot that was part of that action, and he sent me some amazing photographs at the time from Afghanistan. One is of a group of American soldiers and Afghan fighters, all on horseback and wearing Afghan robes. One of the soldiers is using a Toughbook laptop identical to the one I use and a laser sight to guide in a Naval fighter pilot's strike against a Taliban unit. It portrays an amazing contrast between the traditional horse mounted unit in desert garb coordinating with and using state-of-the-art airborne weapons systems for support.

Judy s.

Cindy wrote:
That souonds lke fun reading, especially for some of use who
lived through through those days. Too bad I already have 3
things to do, one of which is long but interesting--(Medals of
Honor reipients--that's not the title but the
content.--fascinating Cindy