[bksvol-discuss] Mayrie's list of kickbacked books

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 22:48:38 -0800 (PST)

I've checked half of Maryie's list. Mayrie, you have
more patience than I have at this particulr time. I
must get on with my validating.

BUT--I have written to two people whose books have
been kicked back who I know are not subscribed and so
won't see this list. Some are and probably will see
their books here, but may not understand Gustavo's
notes. Other names I do not recognize from this list
or are Bookshare Volunteer. So how do Gustavo's
comments help anyone if validators don't check the
list daily to see if their validations are on it--and
it still takes time to load, even though it's faster
than it was. (I find it loads faster on IE than on
firefox or netscape. And if people don't think do do a
search, goind through the list to look for a
particular book takes time.

And then there's the fact that some people don't
understand what Gustavo wants. Gerald, I think you
posted here the format for editors and multiple
authors, but there are always new people who haven't
seen that.

And simple mistakes of title, like Pure instead of
Puritan,  or the word "of" instead of "to"--as I think
Jamie pointed out, sometimes we see what we think we
see instead of what is really there, and when G says
check title and the person looks and sees that the
title seems correct, he/she doesn't know what is
wrong.

We're back to needing some other way. Either the
validated book has to be kicked back so someone like
me can correct a title or copyright without having to
re-validate the whole book, or there has to be a way
for Gustavo to send his note directly to the validator
rather than to kick back the original to the download
list. In the case of several of those books, Gustavo's
note was fairly far down in the comments; other people
had taken the book after that and returned it or spent
time editing it. ANd the problem apparently still
existed. In some cases, they released it.

Cindy