[bksvol-discuss] Mayrie ReNae Annual Valentine's Day Scholarship

  • From: Alisa Moore <alisam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 20:45:06 +0000

Hello all,

In remembrance of Mayrie ReNae's birthday this week, we are pleased to announce
that one free new membership will be donated by Bookshare each Valentine's Day,
to a person with financial need.

(For those of you who didn't have the good fortune to know Mayrie, she was a
beloved Bookshare member, volunteer, and staff person, who contributed hundreds
of books to the collection, and who provided valuable and supportive guidance
to our volunteer crew for many years.  Mayrie passed away just a few months
ago).

Bookshare staff will accept nominations the first two weeks of each February
and will decide on the recipient.  If no nominations are put forward, we will
provide the scholarship to the first person who requests it on Valentine's Day
or after.  For this year, if you have nominations for a scholarship recipient,
please let me know, otherwise, we'll provide it to the next person who requests
one next week.

If you have any questions, please contact me directly.  Thank you.

We miss you, Mayrie.

[http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_9XoZAsGTWcg/SdFNBKE93bI/AAAAAAAAAlo/RvH17XE1mWk/s400/heart_book.jpg]

Kindly,

Alisa K. Moore