[bksvol-discuss] Re: Marissa's lists

  • From: "Pratik Patel" <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 09:39:47 -0500

  _____

From: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dan Beaver
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 7:03 AM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Marissa's lists

This is probably for Jake I guess.
Dan,

These lists are generated by Gustavo and provided to jake for his web site.
There is no automatic way of doing it at this time.

Pratik

I was looking at the lists and just couldn't help but wonder why we couldn't
have a page that dynamically generates those lists?  When you freshen them
how do you do it?  Are you running some kind of search of the database?  If
so that could be done via programming so that they are fresh whenever
someone brings up your pages.  Sort of like the url you gave us that gives a
fresh list of new books that are English.

Could you enlighten us on this?

Thanks.