[bksvol-discuss] Re: Mangling poetry for Bookshare

  • From: "Jill O'Connell" <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 09:30:46 -0700

It is my opinion that at this stage of Bookshare's technical equipment,
trying to do a reasonable job with this poetry is a losing battle. If
Kenneth Cross, who does very careful scanning, can't even get the page
numbers recognized by the Bookshare equipment, I wouldn't even consider
attempting anything as involved as you are proposing to do. This is where
approaching NLS would make sense to me. Jill