[bksvol-discuss] Re: Man Who Walked Between the Towers

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 20:59:31 -0800 (PST)

Sue,

Not only is your comment interesting but otos very
helpfu. I'll remember, when I describe the scene, to
specify how the pole is held.

From having seen either him or something similar on
television a few years ago:  picture a taut cable
stretched between two very tall buildings. The long
pole (I don't have the book yet but Shelley said ait's
the longest pole she's ever seen or heard of) would be
held in the man's two hands in front of him,
perpendicular to the cable.

I don't know if it's the same man or not, but there
was a man who does tightrope (tight-cable?) walking
from very high places. Sometimes he gets paid to
perform at events. In addition to walking between two
very high buildings, without a net below, in New York,
I remeber that for some festival in Switzerland or
some such place he walked between wo very all
mountains. It was really breathtaking (literally, as
least for me).

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail