[bksvol-discuss] Re: Man Who Walked Between the Towers

  • From: "Reggie & Lonnie" <regandlon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 21:34:23 -0500

Talking about the long stick that he carried perpendicular to the wire, does it grasp the wire: In other words, is there a slit in the end of the stick so that it will not move if he leans on it for support? Does he move the stick first and then move his front foot and then is back foot? I have never been able to see and I never thought to ask these things. It is interesting, though, that the chat here brought to mind a movie I saw, or maybe it was a book I read a very long time ago, about the Flying Wolindas, and even though their story is a horendous tragedy I never thought to ask anyone how they did the high-wire tricks or even what they did when the accidentt happened. I only accepted that they did the tricks and that one mistake when doing one of the tricks led to the horendous ending.

Reggie