[bksvol-discuss] Re: Making JAWS 15 announce page breaks

  • From: Sensation Experience Official <sensationexperience.official@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 22:31:28 -0800

Hi, all.
@Aidee: I think was was meant was that you should write '\012'. The reason why it was spelled out was for people who used no punctuations on their screen readers to make it read the word out loud. Some people, such as myself use some punctuations, so symbols like that get our attention right away. What does the numbers 012 mean? I tried using Unicode to put it in to see if a page break would appear but no luck.
Hope this helps.
-Al...
On 1/25/2014 10:19 PM, aidee campa wrote:
Deborah:

In your instructions for how to make JAWS 15 say page breaks, should
the backslash be spelled out, or should the backslash key on the
keyboard be used? And shuld there be a space between the backslash and
the numbers?

Thank you so much for your help!

On 1/8/14, Deborah Murray <blinkeeblink@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Lisa,

Here are the instructions previously sent to the list:

1.  bring up word

2.  press insert d which should bring up the jaws word dictionary file.

3.  go to 'add'

4.  in the 'word" field, put \012 (backslash)

5.  in the replacement field put 'page break" or whatever you'd like jaws

say.

be sure and save it.

Deborah