[bksvol-discuss] Re: Major Problem with John Grisham's The Last Juror

  • From: Noel Romey <ner@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 10:34:25 -0500

That's odd, because unless the one taht I downloaded was replaced, I didn't have a problem with the Last Juror, did I just read it quickly?

Ner
At 10:28 7/19/2004, you wrote:
Hi,

I downloaded and am reading John Grisham's The Last Juror. Every couple of pages, the last sentence in a paragraph is incomplete. In many cases, a lot of text is cut off. This book should not have been approved. I think it should be taken out of circulation and rescanned.

I was shocked and temporarily traumatized by one occurrence:

"For the first six months I lived in Clanton, I usually fled the place on weekends. There was so little to do. Other than an occasional goat"

Jay

At 08:21 PM 7/17/2004 -0700, you wrote:
Hi Shelley -- those books could be on hold for various reasons. Some may be running into process difficulties, while others may have unresolved questions around them. The only one I know about below is The Sagas of the Icelanders, which we're trying to confirm has had printings in the U.S. (it has a foreign copyright notice). The others are being dealt with by the admin for some reason or other, however.