[bksvol-discuss] Re: MS word and page breaks

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 23:41:56 -0500

Hey E,

I know it works with spaces in MS Word 2000, but I think it has been around for a long time, and I believe it works with newer versions. I haven't done extensive testing with it, so I don't really know what the limitations are. It will find page breaks with nothing but spaces between them, I don't think it perceives a tab as spaces, but I'm not 100% on that, and I don't know how it treats spaces when other Rtf control codes are mixed in. I guess to know its full utility, we would need to test it to see what works and what doesn't.

Dave

At 11:23 PM 2/24/2008, you wrote:
Dave where did you learn that about w being the wild card for unspecified amount of shape? Very cool. Thanks ever so much. It is like * in that it can be used with search commands anywhere in Windows?

E.