[bksvol-discuss] Re: MS Word Crashes, WAS: Re: Re: Sighted proofer wanted

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 23:51:01 -0600

Hi Cindy!

Sometimes I have my browser, either Internet Explorer or FireFox open or Eudora or OpenBook at the same time as Word, but sometimes Word is the only app open and I still get those crashes as often. It breaks my concentration when I had to close Word and then open it and the file and find my place.

I power down my PC every night.

Debby

At 07:21 PM 1/3/2010, Cindy wrote
I use Microsoft Word for the Mac, and it does frequently crash, usually when I have someyting like my being-scanned file open and am on the 'Net, too--sometimes when I'm proofing. I'm also invited to send a report to Apple, but on my husband's advice, now I don't bother. I just quit and reopen the file I was working. Then I can work away with no problems for quite a while. Lately I've been quittng Word or Firefox and shutting down the computer when I'm going to be away from it for a while. It seems to me that it needs a rest. I seem o h ave fewer problems the next time I come back to work. My computer is pretty old.

Cindy

Wish List (i.e., books wanted added to the collection) and books-being-scanned list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List: https://wiki.benetech.org/display/BSO/Books+Being+Scanned+List