[bksvol-discuss] MP3 Link - 24 hours but great quality

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 16:24:48 -0600

Finally got my link to download an mp3 version of a book. The book I chose was a short children's novel, about 100 pages. It took about 24 hours for the email with the link to show up, but it was well worth the wait. I am impressed with the voice quality!

I just downloaded two Kipling books from BARD that were converted from their old analog files to digital books. The quality on the Bookshare book and the ability to hear it clearly with intonation and some inflection is far superior to what I found with the versions of the two BARD books that were recorded by human readers. The two converted BARD books are horrible quality, so having a human reader isn't any advantage at all. In complete fairness the BARD books I've listened to that were recorded with digital technology of human readers and weren't just converted from really old analog recordings have been great. But I'd take a bookshare mp3 over those two Kipling BARD books in a heartbeat.

What a great leap forward again by Bookshare to have the entire collection available in mp3 format! smile.

Judy s.