[bksvol-discuss] Re: M dashes and fonts

  • From: Melissa Smith <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 07:10:26 -0600

Hi Kim,
The only time I've encountered fields is one time when there were page number fields. I was told that the conversion tools wouldn't recognize them. I opened the file in Kurzweil, saved in, then opened it in MS Word, and they were all gone. Of course, that doesn't work if you don't have Kurzweil. smile In that case, I'm not sure what to do.

Melissa Smith

On 2/12/2011 3:11 AM, Kim Friedman wrote:
Hi, Melissa, thanks for your message about making sure the font scale of
the text was standardized. I hadn't done that before. I thought if I had
the body text in normal style and my headings correct, that would be
okay. I've written your procedure down in my BrailleNote so the next
time I start proofreading, I'll check the font scale so characters are
set correctly. There's nothing like having one more trick in the stuff
to do for the file to look great. I suspect if you're a picky submitter,
you might do this sort of thing, but if other folk don't tend to do
this, then I've got another step to check off the list before the
reading. I take it those are the three main things with regard to scale
I need concern myself with. What do I do if I get fields in a file?
Should I get rid of those and how do I go about that? Regards, Kim
Friedman.