[bksvol-discuss] Re: M dash, how to make it?

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 12:35:04 -0700

I don't know what the Braille translator does with them. As I recall, it either doesn't display them properly, or it only puts in one dash instead of two, which is what you should have in the Braille file. I do know that in books I scan and read as rtf files, they are not properly displayed on my Pac Mate. I generally convert them to double dashes with a quick search and replace all in Word before sending them up to Bookshare.

I'm not changing that. I don't see why Braille readers should have to suffer through crummy-looking text because someday some future software upgrade just might fix the problem - assuming there is one.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Blanks" <scottsjb@xxxxxxxxx>