[bksvol-discuss] Re: Lots of books available on the check out list

  • From: <ohio1803@xxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 10:03:50 -0600

Thanks, for posting, Judy.
I have intentions of submitting some more books. But my plate got kind of
loaded up with other things for a time.
I think I may only have two more book submissions of mine needing to be
proofread and considered for the collection.
The Greg Spatz novel No One But You, which is currently checked out.
And the 2nd book I submitted, which was back in February, has been through
several proofreaders but I have never heard from anyone about an issue with it.
Checking this morning, I see that currently it’s once again available for
checkout.
The Irish General: Thomas Francis Meagher

by Paul R. Wylie

I am very nearly done with a book scan, one that was personally requested for
me to do, actually. So I purchased a copy and have it nearly done. Very
interesting book.
It is called The Canary Islanders of Louisiana. A book of history.
If someone has a special interest in proofing it, let me know.
FYI, I never thought of this before. But I tried something different in my
settings for this one.
Maybe some of you might already do it. But if not, maybe you may wish to
consider trying it, too.
In K-1000, you can select the language under the recognition settings.
I put Spanish in addition to English.
And boy for this book that was a Godsend.
It has many Spanish words and names and the special symbols. And the scanning
recognition was so excellent.
What made me think of it was, I was getting a number 6 instead of the letter o
with the little thingie on top of it, what chu call it. You know?
And boy, I put in Spanish in the OCR recognition setting, and Bingo! That
little o with the thingie over top of it, we were in business!
Always learning. Never seems to end. Always thinking how come it took me so
long to think of that?
Yep. halfway through 2015, and I must a learned haff a hundred new thing ease
already this here year.
Best,
Rik James