[bksvol-discuss] Re: Losing My Em Dashes: Major Irony

  • From: "Pratik Patel" <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 11:28:06 -0400

Evan,

Definitely ironic.  Sorry, you won't get any gloating from me.

Did you use K1K to transfer the file to your PAC-Mate or did you try to use
the Active Sync connection?  And, did you try to  transfer the original kesi
file or the RTF?  I'm trying to understand the process you used to see if I
can replicate it.  Just for your information, I believe K1K uses the
infamous Duxbury translator for Braille conversion.  That's what I suspect
is taking away the long dash.

Long Dash is the correct term for the em-dash character.  As Kellie said,
it's a printer's term.  Now both terms are used interchangeably.

Pratik

  _____