[bksvol-discuss] Re: Losing My Em Dashes: Major Irony

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 13:32:05 -0700

Thanks, Kellie.  As I said, the only difference is that I was using K1000
instead of OpenBook.  But I haven't been able to test OpenBook on this
particular book, because I can't get it to run, and I don't know if I want to
hassle with it.  I didn't lose them in previous books I scanned with OB,
though.  The rtf file converted from the kes file of the last book I scanned
still had the em dashes in it, but somehow in the transfer to the Pac Mate,
they got lost.  I have a big book I'm scanning this weekend with K1000, and
we'll see what happens then.  Unless things are totally weird, I imagine that
they will be lost in this one as well.  Then I will have to decide what to do
about it.  I actually went through the last book I submitted and replaced them
with Word's tab search and replace, but that took a good while and I'm not
going to do that again.  I have definitely decided that much.