[bksvol-discuss] Re: Lose the stripper!

  • From: "Pratik Patel" <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 19:56:22 -0500

The stripper needs to be refined and not completely removed.  As I've
already said in one of my e-mails, it's not only the stripper that's at
fault.  The DAISY conversion tool along with the Braille Conversion tool is
probably also at fault.  Let's not haste into something that we ay regret.
Yes, there are imperfections; yes, there are difficulties with the tools
that Bookshare uses.  But, frankly, we can use more tools and not less.
Marissa's suggestions are absolutely essential.  We all find that we have
different experiences with various tools and we'll need to bring our
difficulties to someone who will carefully evaluate the problem/s and come
up with a statement of these problems before deciding what needs to be done
with it.

Pratik

Pratik Patel
Interim Director