[bksvol-discuss] Re: Lose the stripper!

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 19:01:47 -0500

Let's scrap it. I leave in page numbers and breaks but take out the author's name and the title at the top of pages carefully letter by letter as I go. The messiness at the top makes bookshare books come across as messy output.

I think we can learn to do this well so the stripper is not necessary. Obsessing about it means validating books takes much too long as witness the discussion on the list. If we can get the ocr package people to get the remove headers to work that would be good. What is the judgement about the one in version 9?

E.