[bksvol-discuss] Re: Lose the stripper!

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 11:09:39 -0600

Joanie,  the stripper can be fixed.  Getting rid of it is a little like
removing your toilette from your house just because it backs up.
In the meantime,  if you split chapter headers on two consecutive lines,
the stripper won't remove them.

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
Research Division,
Phone:  512. 838. 9735.
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

<vining@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
02/12/2005 12:28 PM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Lose the stripper!

I'd like the stripper to go as well. I take out headings, but leave page
numbers in for books I submit. A little thing like a page number doesn't
distract from reading, IMO, and it can be such a necessary piece of
information to have! It was always an annoyance with braille books that
the
numbers didn't match with the ones in the print edition, so I really do
appreciate having page numbers in tact on Bookshare.

Just another two cents worth. :)

Joanie