[bksvol-discuss] Re: Looking for a partner for volunteering

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 21:32:16 -0800 (PST)

I don't think there is a step between scanning and proofing, unless you mean
pre-proofing the scan before submitting it, but that would have to be done by
someone living with you or very near you,because you can't email  if it scans
to anyone. Most of the teams, like Susan and Larry, and Lissi and Evan live
together or very close to each other so are in each other's homes a lot. Other
teams work separately but the scanner submits his/her scan and has his/her
friend proof the books after they're submitted.
HOwever, if you  submit your scan and put in the comments that it hasn't been
pre- proofed, or that it needs a sighted person,  to proof it, some who is
willing, will take it if it interests them.

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List: