[bksvol-discuss] Looking for a Book: U.C.C. hymnal

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brl@xxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Aernet list serv" <aernet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <blindtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 17:11:21 -0500

hi you all,

I got a question and wondering if anyone has an answer to match.  I just
joined a Presby church that uses the United Church of Christ Hymnal.  I have
the Presby hymnal, but a lot of the hymns are different, and so is the
numbering and most of the ones I need are of course not in the public
domaine and there for searchable on the internet.

Does anyone know if a Electronic version or a braille version of this hymnal
is available and the cost of such a book.  I would be extremely interested
in the electronic as I can put it on my Braillenote, cut and paste the hymns
right into the bulleton before I emboss it so that I have complete access to
everything while sitting in the pew just like everyone else.  Plus my church
is two to three towns over, and a taxi, subway, subway and car trip away
from me on Sunday morning so i don't really want to carry big books, but if
I have too... smile.

If this book isn't available does anyone know of anyone or business willing
to make a copy available.  I KNOW this is going to be expensive and is why i
am trying to explore all my options on finding one.

Thanks for the help.

unfortunately they don't scan well, smile, or I would just borrow one and
scan it though perhaps that will be what I will have to do.  And just usede
willing readers to edit it.

Thank you.

Shelley L. Rhodes B.S. Ed, CTVI
and Judson, guiding golden